I have a love hate relationship with nice cream, because I always feel guilty when eating it. That voice in my head saying Oh my gosh, you can’t have ice cream for breakfast you unhealthy bastard! But it’s not unhealthy, and I CAN have it for breakfast or lunch or dinner or whenever I want- and so can you. In fact, I will go as far as to say that you SHOULD have it for breakfast, because it is so healthy, filling, full of protein and delicious. This recipe lasts in the freezer for about 4 weeks, so don’t worry about making “too much”.
- 1 block of silken tofu
- 2 frozen bananas
- 4-8 pitted dates (+more for optional garnish)
- 2 – 3 dl plant milk. I use alpro soy vanilla.
- 3 tbsp Cacao powder – make sure it is enough chocolate for your personal taste, everyone is different.
- A pinch of salt
- Organic peanut butter (optional)
How to do it:
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients, besides the nut butter. I added 4 dates, but you can add more if you want it sweeter.
- If you want you can eat it as it is, but I like to layer it with dates and peanut butter and let it sit in the freezer for an hour. You can just as easily have it in the freezer for longer and just let it warm up a little. Like I said before, I keep mine in the freezer for up to 4 weeks – great to have whenever I get a chocolate craving.
I hope you like it!
Much love// Bella