Yesterday was this blog’s 1 year anniversary. Yey, happy birthday little blog! I decided I wanted to create something fun for you guys, so here is a healthy (mostly raw) lasagna/ cake made out of veggies.
What you need:
- 1 cucumber
- 4-5 mushrooms
- 1 leaf of green kale
- Some sun dried tomatoes
- Almond flour
- Spices of your choice (I chose ground cumin, curry, oregano, salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast and garlic)
- Crema di balsamico
- A plate
How to do it:
- Slice the cucumber using a sharp knife or a mandolin. I used a cheap mandolin and it sucked (pardon my french) so don’t be a cheapskate like me; buy a really good one if you want a mandolin.
- Mix together almond flour, water, spices and some lemon juice into a thick, almost cheese like, sauce. I love using almond flour instead of having to remember to soak cashews in water for several hours. Besides, cashews are really expensive.
- Rinse and slice your mushrooms
- Start assembling your “lasagna” by adding some cucumber, then the sauce, then mushrooms, some sun dried tomatoes and another layer of cucumbers.
- When you’re done with the layers, add the balsamico on top. It looks nice and it taste good.
These pictures will show you how I did it, step by step:
Aaaaaand done! I hope you enjoyed this, I know my best friend and I did – both our tastebuds and our bodies. Try it out if you’re interested, you can of course use what ever vegetables you like or have at your disposal.
Much love! //Bella