Here are some tips for anyone who wants to make their own vegan sushi for the first time. Or the second.
- Don’t limit yourself to avokado, cucumber and carrots. Try to make rolls with different veggies and don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Fry Shimeji mushroom in some soy sauce, paprika powder and some sesame seeds – it works great in rolls together with mayo, avocado and a crunchy vegetable of your choosing.
- Speaking of mayonnaise – make your own. It’s so easy and it tastes better. It is cheaper, also.
- And speaking of cheap – purple cabbage is a great vegetable to add into your sushi rolls. They’re crunchy, full of flavor and full of color, as well.
- I prefer to make rolls, over any other kind of sushi. Personally, I think it’s the best way to get as many flavors in each bite as possible.
- Add some paprika powder over the layer of mayo/creme cheese/plain rice. It makes the sushi look pretty and taste divine!
So those are my tips and tricks for making delicious sushi every time – it even made my sushi hating father asK if I could save some for him.
Hope this was helpful! Love // Bella