You can make vegan patties in a million different ways, using different bases (broccoli, quinoa, tofu, beans etc) and spices, but a world wide favorite seems to be the bean patty. Maybe because it is so easy to make, maybe because it is cheap and filling or maybe because it is delicious – who knows? Here is one way to make them:
You will need:
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 cups vegan minced meat
- 1/2 cup oat cream, or any other plant based cooking cream
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 tbsp paprika powder
- 4 tbsp onionpowder
- 2 big cloves of garlic
- 5 tbsp light soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
How to do it:
- Process your beans in a food processor or mash them with a fork – just make sure they’re well mashed.
- In a pan, fry finely chopped onion and minced meat together with the spices
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, potato starch and the cream and mix well. Let it sit for a minute or two
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix until it’s one “dough”. Taste with salt, pepper and more spices if needed.
- Form medium sized patties and place on a pan (or fry it, if you prefer that).
- Bake in the oven on 200 °C for 15 – 20 minutes or until they’re dark brown.
- Serve with caramelized onions, tomatoes and a mushroom sauce!
That’s it! Hope you’ll like it.
Much love // Bella