I’ve been trying to cut down on bread lately, because lord knows that I have no self control when it comes to bread.
That’s why I’ve become a little obsessed with salad boats instead. I basically substitute bread for salad and fill it with whatever I’m in the mood for.
This recipe is great, because besides the fact that it’s really good, it is also very healthy and filling. Black beans are rich in protein, especially lysine, and contains a bunch of minerals that we need.
What you need:
- 4 lettuce leaves. 14 kcal
- 1 tomato. 19 kcal
- 100 g cooked black beans (I’m guessing it’s about 1/2 cup). 125 kcal
- Spices of your choosing. I chose oregano, garlic, onion powder, paprika powder, salt and black pepper.
- 100 g (4 tbsp) oil free hummus. 200 kcal.
How to do it:
- Make two boats with two lettuce leaves for each.
- Smear on 2 tbsp hummus on each boat
- On a plate, mash the beans and add the spices you want. Mix it together.
- Add the bean mash on top of the hummus.
- Lastly, chop the tomato and add on top of the salad boat.
I hope you guys liked this, I thought it was hello good!
Much love! // Bella