This little gem is a new favorite of mine and a very classic breakfast. Oatmeal isn’t exactly a revelation, but it is very healthy and filling. It contains 497 kcal, protein, fat, fibre, carbs, antioxidants and vitamins and is basically health on a plate (in a bowl).
For this recipe you will need:
- 50 grams of oats
- Water, as much as you require (what consistency do you want your porridge to have?)
- 40 grams of creamy peanut butter
- 70 grams frozen strawberries
- 2 dl //almost a cup of almond milk
How to do it:
- Pour the water and oats in a bowl and stir
- Heat up in the microwave for 2 minutes
- Add the peanut butter
- Add the milk
- Add the frozen raspberries
- Done! Enjoy your delicious breakfast.
The best thing about this meal is that it is vegan and filling – so you don’t have to go hungry. I know a lot of people say that in order to lose weight you should not calorie restrict, just eat healthy food. Of course you should get your calories from eating plants and veggies but I find that for me, personally, calorie restricting is the best way to lose excess fat. Don’t over do it though – a slow and steady pace makes a difference for life whilst a fad diet makes you miserable for 2 weeks until you break and binge on what ever fat, sugary and salty food you can find.
Much love // Bella