A few days ago I made some vegan (of course) indian inspired patties and they turned out really great! They’re stuffed with protein and so easy to make. I took them with me on a longer bike ride with my friend (50 km/ 31 miles) and they worked great with french potato salad and an avocado. Perfect for fueling up after a long ride.
What you’ll need:
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- 1 can rinsed chick peas
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 4 tbsp tika masala
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 red onion
How to do it:
- Put the oven to 230 ° C // 446 ° F
- Chop the onion roughly and then mix it more thoroughly in a food processor
- Literally add all the other ingredients besides flour, oil and agave syrup
- When it is mixed into a batter, add the flour, oil and the agave syrup and mix that in until it’s all well combined.
- The batter wont be very thick so put it on a baking sheet and form it to 6 patties. I used a spoon for this, because there is no idea to try to form them with your hands. You will fail.
- Bake them in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes. Flip them after 20 minutes and then 20 minutes again.
- And you’re done! Use them in a burger, serve them with salad of some sort or put them on toast with lots of vegan cheese and make a grilled sandwich. The possibilities are endless.
Hope you guys like it, I really liked the flavor and the texture and I think they worked great cold as well as warm.