You will need:
1 block of tofu (250 g)
1 medium sized yellow onion
2 big cloves of fresh garlic
300 g fresh diced mushrooms
1 tsp bakingpowder
1 dl chick pea flour
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
How to do it:
- Sauté the mushrooms until the water inside the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Chop up the onion and add it to the mushrooms, Taste with salt and pepper.
- Break the tofu into bits and add to a food processor together with the chopped garlic cloves.
- Add the, now soft, onion bits and mushrooms to the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and the spices and blend until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the food processor and work it into the batter. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Form the batter into burger shapes, this recipe gives 6 large or 8 small patties.
- Fry a few patties at a time in a pan on medium heat with some oil.
- Serve with guacamole, potato wedges and gluten free fried onions.