Well hello there, fellow food lovers! I am currently in my sister’s home in Poland and since the vegan options in normal stores aren’t great, I improvised a sauce/cold soup that was so good I just had to share it with whom ever reads this blog. So here it is
Serves: 2 (if soup) / 4 (if sauce/dressing)
Preparation : 10 minutes
You will need:
- 2 pickled red bell peppers
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- About 150 g//0.5 cups sun dried tomatoes
- 100 g//0.4 cups roasted and salted almonds
- 2 medium sized cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste
How to make it:
- I started by adding the crushed tomatoes and the bell pepper to a blender.
- Then I added the almonds and sun dried tomatoes. Depending on how powerful your mixer is you might want to start blending the sauce between each ingredient to make sure it wont break. I accidentally destroyed this mixer actually because I thought it would be stronger.
- Peel the garlic and add that as well
- Mix it all together until it is well combined. You want the sauce to feel creamy and rich. If you want it thinner I would suggest adding more crushed tomatoes. Do not add any soymilk or cream or water as that will significantly change the taste and texture of the sauce.
- This is what it should look like once it is done. Add salt, pepper and sugar if you don’t think the almonds had enough salt.
- Serve as a sauce to basically anything. It is perfect for barbecue’s, on sandwiches, in a salad, to oven baked veggies etc etc.
Hope you’ll like it! // Bella