YAAAAASSSSSSSSSS, you guys! I got the idea for this at the grocery store and it turned out to be the best thing my mouth has ever tasted. You don’t want to miss out on this, trust me.
This recipe is enough for 12 people (or 24 if you make it in a mini muffin tray) and takes about 40 minutes to make. However, it needs to cool down and harden in the fridge or freezer which takes between 1 – 3 hours.
You will need:
- 2/3 of a cup // 1.5 dl unsweetened rice milk
- 1 jar of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 of a cup // 1 dl normal white sugar
- 7 oz // 200 g of vegan dark chocolate. You can use chocolate chips or crush your chocolate, as long as it will melt.
- 3 packages of regular oreos
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups // a little more than 5 dl of (no flavored) puffed rice
Strawberries and vanilla (r)ice cream for decoration and some paper.
How to do it:
- Melt 2 tbsp coconut oil and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Add the chocolate. Don’t stop stirring while it is melting.
- Add the puffed rice and continue to stir until it is all well mixed. At this point it will be a runny mess, but it will harden in time.
- Take a normal muffin tray and pour the chocolate mixture into every muffin hold. We put paper stripes in the bottom to easily remove the dessert when everything is finished.
- Put it in the fridge for a few hours until its hard.
- After a few hours, when the chocolate is hard, smear a thick layer of peanut butter in each muffin hold.
- In a blender, combine the rice milk, most of the oreos and the last of the coconut oil. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- As you’ve probably figured out, put a thick layer of the oreo mixture over the peanut butter.
- Put the tray back in the fridge to harden, for about one hour.
- Aaaaaaand done! Remove the Oreo & Peanut Bites from the muffin tray, sprinkle it with some crushed oreo’s and serve it with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream.