Get a load of this deliciousness! Pies are great and vegan pies are even better, here is my yummy recipe for a vegan treat you can eat guilt free. I am a big fan of the cookie-like top, so if you want a 1:1 ratio of the filling and the crust, I suggest you split the measurements in half (only the crust part).
You will need:
2 dl // a little less than 1 cup of oats
3 dl // 1 1/3 cups of normal flour
4 tbsp of sugar or sugar sweetener (I used a stevia based powder)
1/2 grams of salt // like, a very small amount of salt
1 tbsp of agave syrup
200 g // 7 oz of vegan butter
500 g // 2 cups of fresh strawberries (frozen is fine too, but make sure they’re no longer frozen)
1 medium sized apple
1 dl // 0,4 cups of sugar or sweetener
1 tbsp of potato flour
Half a tsp of vanilla powder
How to make it:
- Put the oven on 225 degrees C // 437 degrees F
- Start by melting the butter in a medium sized saucepan
- Add flour and stir, make sure that it’s well combined
- Add the oats to the batter and mix. You will notice that it gets very thick and falls apart into tiny pieces. That is how you want it to be.
- Finally add the sugar and salt, mix it all together and put the saucepan aside for now.
- Continue by chopping the apple into thin slices and place it together with the strawberries in a bowl. If you want to slice up the strawberries you can, I chose not too.
- Add the vanilla powder, potato flour and sugar and mix it together.
- Pour the filling into a baking tin…
- …And spread the pie crumbles on top of it.
- Bake the pie in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes
- Let it cool and serve it with some nice, vegan, vanilla sauce. (If you want a recipe for it, let me know and I will post it as soon as possible).