Starting from January 1st, I have been cutting out refined sugar from my diet, thanks to a challenge on FB (100 days sugar free), AND LORD KNOWS that i’ve missed cookies! That’s why I made this awesome recipe – it was quite experimental from my part, so the measurements might be a little off, although I think I remember most of it. Anyway, here it is! Please try them, they’re amazing and ridiculously easy.
For these cookies you will need:
4 1/2 dl // almost 2 cups of regular flour
2 dl // 0.8 cups of coconut sugar
200 gram // 7 oz of vegan butter
(Is that the right measurement? Please correct me if I am wrong)
1/2 dl // a little less than 1/2 cup of agave syrup
Cacao nips – as much as preferred. I used about 1/2 dl // 1/2 cup.
These can also be changed into normal chocolate chips if you don’t care about refined sugar.
Shredded coconut, also as much as you like. I had a lot, not sure exactly how much.
1 tsp of vanilla powder (not vanilla sugar)
A pinch of salt
How to make them:
- Put the oven on 180 degrees Celsius // 360 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a food processer -or with your hands- combine the butter, flour, sugar (coconut + agave syrup), salt and vanilla powder. Make sure it is well combined, you do not want tiny lumps of butter that will fudge up your cookies.
- Add your shredded coconut and cacao nips and blend with a spoon – not the mixer because it will mess up the coconut.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 3o minutes (or overnight, if you want freshly baked cookies in the morning). I shaped it like a rectangle to make it easier when I am going to slice it up.
- After 30 minutes, take it out and slice the dough. Make sure you make them as thick as you want them, because they will keep their form in the oven and won’t expand or melt.
- Bake them for 5- 15 minutes depending on how thick you made them. Remember to keep an eye on them.
- When they’re done you will notice a golden brown color at the bottom of the cookies.
- Let them cool for a while and then enjoy your awesome vegan coconut & chocolate chip cookies with a glas of almond milk.
Have fun baking!
Love // Bella