Yo yo yo my peeps! I had a bunch of ripe bananas that needed using last week and decided to bake a vegan banana cake and let me just tell you – this cake is glorious. It is absolutely delicious and very healthy *ehem*. At least for your soul.
- 12 tbsp aquafaba (replacing 4 eggs)
- 4.5 dl white sugar
- 200 g vegan butter
- 4 big ripe bananas
- 8 dl wheat flour
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 2 dl plant based milk. I used alpro’s soy vanilla
- 4 tsp vanilla sugar
- Melt the butter and mash the bananas .
- Mix together sugar and aquafaba until it is white and fluffy. The fluffier the better so be patient.
- Mix the butter and bananas with the aquafaba-sugar-mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Gently mix it all together. Including the milk. Caution! Do not over do it.
- Pour it into whatever you prefer to bake the cake in. I am pretty sure you could make muffins as well if you’d like that better.
- Bake at 175°C for about 1 and a half hour. It differs from oven to oven so make sure the cake isn’t mushy in the middle when taking it out of the oven. This is supposed to be a firm, yet fluffy cake.
- Done! Serve it as it is or with vegan ice cream and strawberries. You.You could also mix together some cinnamon and peanut butter and have as a frosting.